Rather than construct a narrative about myself that somehow illumines my essential character or whatever here’s a list of stuff I did that I am proud of:
- Met the love of my life while drinking box wine on her back porch.
- Lived in France for about a year, learned to eat mussels
- Taught middle school French.
- Bicycled from Portland, OR to Portland, ME
- Went to and graduated from law school
- Practiced environmental and civil rights law
- Opened a microbrewery
- Rehabbed a 150 year old brewery building into a much larger home for said microbrewery.
- Opened and then closed a fancy, doomed cocktail bar attached to a competitive tabletop gaming venue.
- Published several games.
- Made video games for the Saint Louis Science Center.
- Got a confederacy memorial demolished.
- Convinced a bunch of people I was a perennial electoral candidate.
- Designed and constructed educational displays and museum exhibits for FEMA.
- Co-produced a very charming and kind child.
IDK. Is this gauche? It feels gauche. Is there a way to do this that isn’t gauche? Probably. I’ll figure it out eventually.